Virtual Worlds Learning
The New MERLOT 3D Virtual Campus – A Vision:
SifyTechnologies, MERLOT, and the University of Oregon ally to increase efficacy of learning and quality of online learning materials and services
top of page
- A virtual gathering place for answers and discussions on virtual learning environments
- A community environment that allows faculty and students to converge, interact, and collaborate freely in a risk-free atmosphere
- A workplace that allows for cross-institutional and interdisciplinary collaboration and leverage
- A repository of links and expert-vetted learning materials that have been developed using 3D virtual learning environments
- Development and dissemination of Learning Design and social networking methodologies for learning in the virtual worlds.
- A collection of proof-of-concept virtual learning objects on a variety of topics that are most relevant and best-suited for virtual worlds such as nanotechnology, genetics, nursing and rehabilitative care, visual and performing arts, leadership, problem-solving, and collaboration, ecological and systems thinking, archeology, extreme scripting and computer programming, architecture and design, catastrophic weather simulations, historical recreations of events, periods, and trends; and natural sciences such as evolutionary biology, molecular biology, physical chemistry, atomic chemistry, quantum physics, and applied mathematics.